1. National Service Scheme provides the students an opportunity to understand the community; identify its needs and problems as well as the solutions in which they can be involved by assuming social and civic responsibilities.
2. NSS also provides students with the opportunity to apply their education in finding practical solutions to the problems faced by the individuals and the community at large.
3. NSS aims at arousing social consciousness of the youth with an overall objective of personality development through community service.
4. NSS enables students to participate in various programmes of social service and national development, and to help the community.
5. The N.S.S. Units work under a Programme Officer nominated by the Principal. The Programme Officer organizes camps in consultation with the Principal and the CHSE (for +2 wing) University Coordinator (for +3 wing). Certificates are issued to deserving volunteers.